Sick of the same old spaghetti on pasta night? Mix it up with this Chicken Spaghetti! Creamy and cheesy and… chickeny!Jump to Recipe | Print Recipe
When I was first introduced to this Chicken Spaghetti recipe via The Pioneer Woman my first thought was, “Rudy would love that!” I also love recipes that reheat well so I can pack it for lunches and this one is a winner.
I’ve modified this Chicken Spaghetti recipe a little bit from the original.
- I didn’t really care for green peppers in this dish so I just kept the red ones. (You can also omit the peppers completely if you have picky eaters.)
- Instead of 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, I either add 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken or just 2 cans of cream of chicken. You can add whatever combination you and your family like best.
- Be sure to cut the onions very small. The dish isn’t in the oven long enough to cook the bigger pieces well enough.
- I use Mexican cheese because it melts easier.
- I use bucatini if I can find it. It’s a little bit thicker than spaghetti and stands up better. But if you just have spaghetti (or any other pasta for that matter) then go ahead and use it!
- I use a rotisserie chicken instead of starting with a whole raw chicken and having to cook it. Ain’t nobody got time for that on a busy weeknight!
(*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using my link, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
Ingredients for Chicken Spaghetti:
- Bucatini or spaghetti
- Cream of Chicken soup
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow onion
- Mexican cheese
- Seasoned salt
- Rotisserie chicken
Kitchen Tools Needed for Chicken Spaghetti:
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener
- 9×13 casserole dish
- Aluminum foil
You can throw this Chicken Spaghetti together ahead of time and just pop it in the oven. I’ve made it the day before so Rudy would just have to preheat the oven and put the casserole dish in. That way, I could hit the gym after work without feeling guilty that I left the fam dinnerless. (Not that Rudy is a helpless man who can’t cook or anything. He is VERY capable. Check out his Chicken Fried Rice!)
Comment below and let me know how you and your family like this recipe!
- 1 lb. bucatini or spaghetti cooked according to package directions, then drained, rinsed, and cooled
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced small
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat removed, skin and bones discarded
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine cooked spaghetti, soup, red bell pepper, onion, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, seasoned salt, and cayenne in a large mixing bowl.
Fold in the chicken.
Add the mixture to a 9x13 casserole dish.
Top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with pepper.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Bake an additional 30 minutes uncovered, or until nice and bubbly