With just 5 ingredients, this Chicken Pasta Salad is so simple to throw together! If you can boil water, you can’t mess this one up! And the taste? You’re about to discover a new staple for holidays and get-togethers. I especially love it during a BBQ with some ribs and baked beans. Mmmmmmmm.
In the Buentello household, when someone mentions Chicken Pasta Salad, we all know they’re talking about this recipe. The kids and Rudy just love it.
The first time I made this I thought, wow, it sure makes a lot I don’t know if it will all get eaten. That is so funny now because it does not last.
This recipe comes from a friend of mine that I worked with way back in 2001. Thanks Deb!
(*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of my links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
Items Needed for Chicken Pasta Salad:
A few tips about this Chicken Pasta Salad:
- You absolutely MUST let it sit overnight before eating. It has to have time to soak up all the ranch dressing and mayo. I have to tell Rudy this every time I make it because as soon as I have it mixed together he’s standing there with a fork ready.
- I have only ever used Hidden Valley brand ranch.
- I use the regular can opener to open the canned chicken (not the fancy one that cuts smooth edges). That way, you can use the lid to easily squeeze out the juices.
I hope you guys love this Chicken Pasta Salad as much as we do. Whenever I make it for a party multiple people comment on it and want the recipe. Let me know what you think!
Chicken Pasta Salad
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 13 oz canned white meat chicken
- 1 1/2 cup Hidden Valley ranch dressing
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and cool.
Open the can of chicken and drain and squeeze out the liquid.
Mix the pasta, chicken, dressing, mayo, and seasoned salt together.
Chill the pasta salad in air tight container overnight before serving.