I know from experience that if you try to lose weight or get toned or eat right for anyone except yourself, you’re going to fail. Sure, you can say you want to look good for someone, but it’s about how you feel in your own skin. If someone else is telling you you need to do it, it’s going to backfire.
Myself, I don’t deal well with other people telling me to do things. In fact, I very well may do the OPPOSITE just for spite. Rudy would never tell me I had to lose weight or eat better or anything like that. He is one of those good husbands that knows I already know what I need to do and that I’ll do it once I’m motivated.
So what is motivating me to lose weight? I’ve learned that if I write things down I’m more likely to stick with them. So here you go. Ten reasons I want to lose weight.
- I want to be healthy. I know this is kind of a blanket statement because all of these things are “healthy.” But I mean more of a feeling. Like, ahhhhhhh. I feel good. I feel good about myself. I feel good about my body. I just feel… healthy.
- Lower my cholesterol. It’s not through the roof or anything, but it was a little high when I had it checked in December 2016. This is part of the reason I’m trying to get at least one meatless day a week.
- Be here for a long time for my kids! And my kids’ kids! And if I’m really lucky, my kids’ kids’ kids.
- Better sleep. Yeah, I may still have the occasional Sully foot kicking me in the face, but I won’t care as much.
- Sexy Time. I guess I should say SexIER Time. (Don’t want to imply there’s NO Sexy Time.) Sorry Mom and Dad (who subscribe to my e-mail list), but it’s not like you don’t already know! Haha.
- I want to get running again. I know it will be slow-going, but I’ll get there again. I love running! When it’s over. And I feel so strong and OMG do I sleep amazingly well. This bleeds into my next point…
- I would like to do another 1/2 Ironman. Yes, I know. It’s hard to believe that I even have one under my belt. But there’s no sense of accomplishment like finishing a race like that. Although, I will have to travel up north to do it. You’ll never catch me doing an open water swim down here in Florida.
- More energy. For running. And keeping up with Sully. And… Sexier Time.
- I want to wear the tons of clothes I have that are cute but too small. My current clothing situation makes me and my bank account sad. I feel like I have nothing to wear when I walk into the closet. Everything makes me feel like Frumpy McFrumpkins. But I also don’t want to buy anything else in my current size. I keep telling myself “when I lose weight…” Well, the time has come. It’s time to get out of the fat pants and into the cute stuff just sitting there all neglected and untouched in my closet.
- Bragging rights. Even if I’m only bragging to myself that I did it!
This is obviously not an all-inclusive list but it highlights the big hitters. I’m going to bookmark this post to remind myself regularly!
What are your motivating factors for losing weight/and or being healthy? Comment below and let me know!